Projects and Tools

Go Back   Projects and Tools > New Member Area
Forums Homepage Members List

Old 05-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to Nat
Default Nat here!

Hi, I am Nat and I love working with wood. With the high prices of nice wood, I spend a lot of time trying to find good wood for projects that I might get to doing. With a toddler and an infant, I don't get much time to do anything anymore, but that will change soon enough. I bought a house 2 years ago after apartment living for about 8 years. Now I can finally load up on the tools I used to want, or borrow from friends. I don't think I will ever go back to living in apartments again. So I turned my single car garage into a workshop of sorts. I am learning how to arrange a nice working environment. I will tell you its hard to get that all situated so that you can have a smooth work area. I constantly find myself running into space issues. I have to put away this tool, to use another tool, etc. I am sure that when I start looking for my next house, I will make sure I have space for a nice workshop.
Anyway I hope we can all learn things from each other, share knowledge, tips, ideas and use this to better ourselves with projects that we take on. I find myself calling my dad pretty regularly just to share some thoughts or plans I have for myself. It would be nice to have everyone here use this as a point for feedback while brainstorming a project you plan to take on.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Administrator

Well Nat I guess I need to get to work. One of the things I did was also by the Blog software because it gives us the opportunity to put down our thoughts for post and projects without actually having to post it which is going to be nice as we work on projects that may take weeks to finish. I've been planting pines and getting our Vegetable garden planted now that there's been a lull in the rain here in the Mid West so I'll be working some more on the site over the long weekend. and like you I'm looking forward to getting others input and advice.